Click on the websites below in order. Carefully read through the information on each website. Notes will be turned in with the answers to your quiz at the end of the webquest.
Section One: The Nature of Heat
1. Our first stop concerns the effects heat has on matter:
2. Next, we will travel to a site to find out about something called "kinetic molecular theory". Those are some big words that mean "ideas about how the matter's building blocks move around".
3. Our third topic is "measuring temperature". Here is an explanation of how thermometers work:
4. Next, we are going to look at some sources of heat energy.
Section Two: The Transfer of Heat Energy
1. Here you will learn about radiation, as well as conduction and convection.
2. Our last stop will help us think about energy conservation at home.
3. What is the Physics of Global Climate Change?
It is time to see what you have learned so far. Feel free to use your notebooks as you write the quiz. http://www.quia.com/tq/268763.html