Geospatial Tools for Teachers
ArcView GIS Links
Google Earth Links
Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Links
· GIS Basics: Go here to learn more about Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and what it can do for your students!
· ESRI: Go here to find out more about the ArcView 3.2 Geographic Information System (GIS) software that we will be using!
· ArcView Activity: Go here to sign up for a free introductory course on ArcView GIS
· Data Download for Activity: Go here to download the data for the activity
· Mapping Our World: GIS Lessons for Educators
· ArcLessons: Go here for downloadable GIS lessons
· Google Earth: Go here to download Google Earth!
· Google Earth Themes: Go here to download KML themes
· Satellites around the Earth: Click this to download a Google Earth® File showing just how many satellites orbit the Earth!
· Google for Educators: Go here for ideas on how to integrate Google Geospatial Tools into your teaching!
· Google Earth Lessons: Go here for lots of information and ready-to-use lessons!
· Google Lit Trips: This site is great for tying geography to literature!
· Google Earth Lesson Books: I have these if you would like to look at them.
· Google Earth Geology Files: My favorite spot!
· Google Earth Worksheets: Lesson plans for teaching geology!
· What is GPS?: Go here to find out what GPS is and how it can help you to find yourself in this world!
· GPS: The New Navigation: Go here for an interactive Shockwave tutorial on how GPS works.
· Garmin eTrex®: Go here to find out more about the GPS units that we are using in class.
· Geocaching: Go here to find out about the latest craze called Geocaching!
· Earth Caching: Go here for earth science content specific caches
· Fun with GPS: Lots of fun GPS activities!
· Educaching: This site has lesson ideas on how to integrate GPS into your curriculum.
· GPS Math Modules: Use GPS for math modules, such as calculating the circumference of the Earth!